Monday, June 7, 2010

Motorhome Makeover

So Mark and I decided to buy a motorhome. We found an older one, with low miles in our neighborhood. Mark's opinion was that we would just need to replace the curtains, and clean it up and we'd be good to go. My opinion was that we'd need to replace curtains, carpet, upholstery, fridge...it needed alot of updating. so here we begin our remodeling project. Hoping to be done in a week or two so we can go camping...I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.


This is our new motrohome...







Here are some before pictures....















































Stayed tuned for some more motorhome remodling... our remodeling project has become a monster. We've had to move our camping back a while, hopefully by august we'll get to try it out.

So far we've had all the fluids changed, it passed emmissions and inspection; we had the roof checked out and caulked; we've found some major water damage, especially to the bathroom, so now we have gutted the bathroom; we've replaced the kitchen floor clear down to the studs and pulled out all the carpet. We're in the process of redoing the ceiling because some of the vinyl was coming off and we're working on the bathroom. I'll post some more pics in a few days. I just keep telling myself it will be worth it...it's too late to turn back now, we're already invested in this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment