Sunday, June 13, 2010

more Motorhome makeover...

Bathroom overhaul...
we had to gut out the whole bathroom, the back wall and ceiling had some major water damage. We tore off all the old paneling clear to the studs, and metal on the outside. We replaced the insulation and put up white tile board.


Jason helped me with the bathroom, we took out both windows before we put up the tile paneling, then we replaced the windows.

We also put white tile board in the shower.



We bought a new toilet, but will keep the sink and tub that were already in it. We're now ready for the new flooring, counter top, toilet install, curtains and a shelf across the back wall.


Mark and Shadd have been working on replacing the vent over the cab, unfortunately the rain, caused a little havoc with their new sealing job, and we had a flood on the bed over the cab...oops. Now we have a tarp covering most of the roof until it decides to quit raining, and it can be fixed. I told Mark we'll just take a tarp with us when we go camping and cover the motorhome, then we won't have to worry about leaks.


Kitchen Makeover....
I replaced the floor in the kitchen area clear down to the stud floor, the floor was very mushy and rotted. I pried all the old wood tiles up, then I had to chisel all the way around the cabinets in order to get the bad floor out. This was quite a job. Then we put in a new sub floor, and a new base floor for the new laminate that will go in the whole motorhome. I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it... It will won't it?


now we're on to the kitchen. While I was trying to pull off wall paper I realized the back wall was soft...guess what more water damage. Well I got some of the wall paper off then had to leave it, well we've been getting a lot of rain and I went out yesterday morning to check on it and the back wall was leaking, looks like it's coming in through the stove fan vent, so we put some temporary caulking around it til we can pull it out and reseal it. We didn't find any damage in the cupboard above the vent so thats good, at least it's not coming in through the roof.


We're going to put up new paneling, wallpaper, and put in a new counter top. This has been a big project. We should have the kitchen put back together in a couple of days.

At least the rain is helping us find all the leaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment